The Hamilton Imperial Football Netball Club was established in 1948 as part of the Western District Football League. Later it became one of the 12 founding members of the Western Border Football League. The netball arm of the club came into being in 1988.
The club ceased operation in October 2012 following a merger with cross town fierce rivals the Hamilton Football Club, going onto become the Hamilton Kangaroos Football Club.
In 2008 the Hamilton Imperials commissioned ADSign to develop certificates and a visual presentation for the club, celebrating it’s greatest teams ever. The certificates were presented to those named to the teams at a gala presentation dinner.